Old January 9th 05, 06:36 PM

Max wrote:
> a =E9crit :
> > Mine is an imported car - a relatively new (2003) Honda Accord. Do
> > you mean that the speedometer's reading on my car is higher than
> > the actual speed?
> >

> I'm fairly sure of it. Typically you will have an error from as low

as
> about 1/10 mph or sometimes as high as 10, I'd estimate yours to be

on
> the lower side, but typically all auto speedos (exc. calibrated) read

high.

http://www.saab-900.tk
> The Saab Tech Resource
> ----------------------

If that's true, one could be traveling up to 10mph slower than what his
car's speedometer is telling him. In my case, this would make the
ticket
even more ridiculous.

I think I'm gonna get the speedometer tolerance specifications from
Honda
directly. I'm thinking this might help my defense. How many people
actually
know the reading could be that far off? Also the accuracy might not
even
be linear; that is, it might be more accurate at higher speed than at
lower speed, etc?