Old June 12th 06, 12:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default Angry on Long Island!!!

Just got some wonderful news over the weekend - Seems that 6 months after I
buy my Saturn, DCH which is some corporatation that has exclusive rights to
the Long Island area, and owns all 5 Saturn dealers on Long Island, has
decided to close all dealerships in Suffolk county, leaving 2 in Nassau
County (Hicksville & Massapequa). This leaves Suffolk county which is twice
as big and has a population of more than the state of Rhode Island, with NO
dealerships. They're even closing Medford which they just built a year
ago!! Now all of Long Island is going to have to try to squeeze into 2
delaerships as well as the more importantly fact that the closest dealer is
now 50 miles away from me, and there are people it's much worse for who are
further out on the Island. 50 miles may not seem to bad in a rural area
where you can just jump on the interstate, but those with knowledge of this
area know that this could take as much as 2 hours each way. This cowardy
corporate office is not even notifiying customers except those that come in
during the next month to have thier cars serviced. They are giving one
months notice. IMO, this gives GM and Saturn a black eye. I have spoken
to my father as well as my niegbor who also have bought Saturns in the last
2 years and they will never buy another one. I'm sorry for venting, but
this would have been a HUGE decision when buying my car only 6 months ago
and I now feel abondoned. This was my first GM vehicle, and will make sure
this is my LAST, even though I like the Vue.

I hear that this was not a Saturn or GM corporate decision, but is there
anyway they could step in and save one of them??? I'm not exagerating when
I say there are tons of Saturn owners in Suffolk. Typical app't time in
Medford was a week, so it's not like they were sitting around.

Again, sorry for venting, but I would have to take a day off from work, not
to even mention the gas in order to get service now. Any advice on where to
pass my anger on so that Saturn knows how many customers they just lost??
<gritting my teeth- erg>

Again, sorry - my anger and venting are fresh right now and I'm pretty
****ed if you can't tell....

Scott