Old May 22nd 06, 03:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Can long nose, (skinny) crank be installed without pulling the engine?

I recently purchased a super low mileage 1990 miata with short crank.
It's really beautiful and looks like new. I'd like to have the skinny
crank installed for a personal feeling of security when I'm driving
through the desert at night. At his point I don't have a handle on the
possible cost of the replacement.

Can it be installed without pulling the engine? Does anyone know
whether it's the kind of job a local import shop could do or should I
go to the mazda dealer?

Thanks for your help.

Ralph