Old June 9th 06, 02:43 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.cichlids

Default Fighting Angelfish

"Jolly Fisherman" wrote in message
I have 5 Angels in a 55gal tank. 3 zebras, 1 marble, & 1 golden. All
are healthy but are nasty SOB's. The marble & golden are especially
good looking & aggressive. The zebras are also nasty but often take a
beating (chunks missing from their sides).

When they're not fighting they're lining up to beg for food. They all
eat like pigs. I think I might have all or mostly males.

Could this be because I've mixed & matched angel types?
or is it just too much testosterone?
overstocking or poor aquascaping?

Any suggestions on who to remove (or not) and how to create some
order?

TIA

Cut right back on the high protein food,, and just feed them "Flakes"