Old December 16th 04, 02:00 PM
B. Peg

My alternator in a '94 SL2 made it to 110,000 miles.

Around here, batteries only last 2 years though due to the heat.

Still on the original radiator hoses too at 125,000 miles!

My Ford blew hoses every two years along with freeze plugs (costly to pull
engine for the rear one), radiators, and 3 alternators, 1 headliner (glue
came loose (heat), 1 bent crankshaft, heat damaged computer (mounted on
engine by smart Ford engineer!), assorted broken springs, and a bunch of
minor stuff. Only way to drive the Ford was to take routes close to car
part shops (no lie!). Had nice well used-toolset in trunk just in case.
What a piece of crap car that was.

B~