Old June 11th 06, 03:44 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default question about cost to repair PS or rack & pinion

> wrote in message
. com...

> Further to the above,
> http://www.speedyautoparts.com/find/...P22980102.html
>
> Radiator for the PT Cruiser costs $147 at this particular place. You

might
> find
> better and worse, cheaper and more expensive but $1000!!!!!!!

One last item...
You don't say whether you are male or female, and your name could indicate
either.

IF you are female, I am sure you know that there are unscrupulous mechanics
and
garages which will take advantage of your perceived lack of knowledge. They
will
do the same to a man who goes in and advertises that he knows nothing about
cars, 'just fix it'.

**You need to go in forewarned and prearmed with facts. Ask questions, get
answers,
and set limits.

If you live in the USA, I might suggest you do the above**, and then look at
the AAA
website for their list of approved mechanics. Don't go with a pig in a
poke.