Old June 4th 05, 12:45 AM
JimV

mjb920 wrote:
> I have a '97 328i that has sat, unplanned, for about a year. It has
> synthetic oil from the dealer in it, but I'm worried about the effects
> of the initial start-up on the engine. I thought of disconnecting the
> spark plugs and turning it over a few times to get some oil
> circulation, but that would be dumping unburned fuel into the
> cylinders. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Also, should I add a good fuel-system cleaner?
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

The oil won't be your problem. That year old gas (without stabilizer)
will be. Not to mention the water that has likely accumulated in it. You
should try to drain it, or at the very least add a couple cans of fuel
drier and some fresh gas before you try to start it. You're going to
need a new battery too.