Old December 10th 04, 02:44 PM
Plowboy2

Uwe,

uncheck the 3d sounds in the game, check in the control panel driver aplet,
If I am not mistaken you have some stuff you can set via the driver software
for the... the one XP installs by default were better than the 'upgrades'
there until that last one.

I have the sister board, the p4s5a-dx, at home... again, I reverted the
sound drivers many a time.. mainly because nascar would open with sound in
"quarry" ehco chamber effect, for some reason on set of drivers didnt have
anyway to kill that, but the original of the cd did, and like I said, the
ones I have now. finally the latest drivers on win-update site were good.
Havent messed in there since, but IIRC there is some speaker setting and
other things I experimented with, as I tried to have both headphones and
speakers plugged in, & to make one or the other work by changing it in the
app, plus My card had several surround setitngs too.

Uwe Schürkamp enlightened us with: