Old August 16th 04, 02:26 PM
Hairy One Kenobi

"JJ" > wrote in message
> do you seriously go 10,000 miles between oil changes? We all grew up on

the
> 3,000 mile deal. Is it synthetic? I just bought this A4 with 15,000 and it
> says I'm not due till hell freezes over!!!!!

Only on the fixed service - otherwise it's nearer to 18,000.

The oil is fully synthetic and (just for reassurance on that 3000 thing) -
my 1971 mini used to go 6000 between changes. That's with 1950s technology,
and mineral oil.

Extreme climate and performance aside, 3,000 is very low and (AFAIK) very
much a US thang.

--

Hairy One Kenobi

in the first place. So there!