Old January 8th 05, 02:38 AM
Magnulus

"Olaf Gustafson" > wrote in message
> Can you post a picture of yourself driving with a pith helmet?
>
> Have you considered that it might be safer to wear a motorcycle
> helmet?

I don't own any pith helmets. I do have some hats that are semi-rigid
brimmed.

In the US in many states it is not legal to drive a car with a
motorcycle helmet on, or a bike helmet. That's true in many other
countries, as well. The idea is a helmet represents racing intent. It
really makes zero sense, since most street "racers" here in the States don't
wear helmets anyways, and if you have an old car with no airbag, a helmet
would be more effective than an airbag.