Old May 14th 04, 12:45 PM
JP Roberts

I have always contemplated the Land Rover Defender as the most efficacious
off-road beast and I doubt it very much it can't make it up your
three-roller, if anything else can. Then again, if you'd elaborate on why
Quadra Drive and the X could possibly be better than the rest of those you
mention, I might get to be enlightened In the meantime, I have much more
than a fair amount of reasonable doubt that your test is not biased.

In our country roads here in Europe, it is usually Cherokees that get stuck
first on difficult terrain, and I have yet to see the Porsches and Tuaregs
perform, but I can tell you that just about any Land Rover - except for the
Freelander, beats the whole legion of Cherokees hands down.

JP Roberts

"Jess Englewood" > escribió en el mensaje
news

> "JP Roberts" > wrote in message
>
> > With the weight of so much experience on your back, it's plain to see

> you've
> > got behind the times in this aspect. The Jeep Grand Cherokee is a thing

of
> > the past! Knowledgeable people talk Tuareg, Cayenne, Range Rover, and
> > Discovery, when efficiency is concerned - not that I am one of those
> > The Audi will start, but then again, so will your 535 if pulled by a

Land
> > Rover Defender!

> Let me jump in here real quick. I happen to be a 4x4 enthusiast and enjoy

> great amount of offroading out here in the beautiful West. In our club's
> annual extravaganza's we always hire a tri-roller to the site and always
> have SUV's and 4x4's of various models, makes and levels of customization
> compete. And when we go out on trails we have members of every marquee
> persuasion.
>
> *****the only out-of-box AWD/4x4 cars, SUV's or trucks that ever beat the
> tri-roller (three vehicle wheels on rollers and one wheel on solid
> substrate, all which changes from wheel to wheel as the vehicle tries to
> ascend over the ramp) are the Jeep Grand Cherokee with Quadra-Drive, not
> Quadra-Trac, and the BMW "x" models in either 3 series or X5/X3 form*****
>
> Nothing else has ever made it over the ramp......nothing, and we have seen
> every model and make on the road in the USA. Quattro, on various Audis,

all