Old July 24th 05, 08:50 AM
Robbie and Laura Reynolds

Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> It's amazing that there
> are
> shops out there that will put the wrong fluid in these transmissions.
>
> Ted

I had a 1993 caravan with a leaky transmission that I had to drive for a
while until I got its replacement ready. I stopped at a small repair
shop and asked for ATF+3 and they had never heard of it. All they had
was Dexron, which they said you could put into anything. I'm afraid
that putting the wrong fluid in a transmission is a very common
practice. I have seen a lot of caravans in the junkyard with
transmission fluid bottles under the seat, almost always of the wrong
type. I wonder how many of them are in the junkyard because of
transmission problems caused by the wrong fluid...