Old August 4th 05, 02:48 AM
George Patterson

Carmichael's wrote:

And for George Patterson, thanks for the hint about the noise the skimmer
might make. Since the tank will be located in our bedroom, I don't think the
hubby could stand it.

Well, mine makes only a slight hum from the air pump. It takes a small powerhead
for water flow, and the largest single-outlet diaphram-type air pump I could
find. I'm not willing to recommend that particular model, though. It gave me
good service for years, but the power head died a few weeks back and I'm having
a great deal of trouble finding a replacement. The skimmer was made to use that
head, the head's no longer made, and power heads that are too powerful cause the
skimmer to overflow.

George Patterson