Old July 18th 05, 03:56 PM

First of all, every kart DOES have a suspension. The suspension is the
chassis itself, which absorbs bumps and helps keep the tires on the
track. The difference between a kart and a car is that there is no
rigid structure separating each of the four corners of the chassis

Secondly, there are lots of race cars that use a solid or locked rear
axle that don't rely on lifting/unloading the inside rear tire to turn.
The chassis that I am building at the moment is for oval racing. Rear
stagger is used on ovals to allow the solid rear axle to roll around
the corner WITHOUT lifting the inside rear wheel. Lifting the rear
wheel on an oval is usually a bad thing, and a ticket to the back of
the pack. When I build a sprint chassis, it will be designed to lift
the inside rear wheel. The oval chassis won't lift the left rear.

....so I guess no one has the answer

Pat