Old July 9th 05, 01:40 PM
dwight

"jim.gm4dhj" > wrote in message
news
>I know I said 2005 and older than '74 were the best looking Mustangs ...but
>I have to say the '71/ '73 coupe (back window) and the '67/'68 fastbacks
>(slope shouldn't have gone all the way to the tail) were not very
>pleasing....from some angles.....

Settle down, Jim.

"No taste" simply means "doesn't agree with me." It's irrelevant what anyone
thinks of a car's design, other than those who choose to buy one.

The VW Thing was sold to quite a few folks who had no taste. The current
Scion box is absolutely horrid, but that's only MY opinion - they seem to
sell well enough.

Frankly, some of the classic designs that are held up as automotive
sculpture do little for me. That's what opinions are for. How boring, if we
all thought alike.

Come to think of it, if we all thought the same about beauty, there would
have been far too much competition over the woman who eventually became my
wife...

So, you say you have a '66. That style must have pleased your eye. And
between '66 and 2005, you haven't met a Mustang you liked... All well and
fine. Frankly, I saw the '66 as a huge disappointment, and a styling faux
pas that Ford didn't fix until the release of the Fox-body in 1979. The
penultimate design styling, the year in which Ford finally got the Mustang
perfected, was 1993.

So there.

dwight