Old June 12th 05, 04:26 AM
Joey Tribiani

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Interesting. I would have thought a vacuum advance distributor wouldn't
> have been a good idea. I figured the 009 was the way to go.
> How much does the Mallory run?
> I've seen the MSD and it's nice and all but just a little bit pricey. I
> guess it's probably a great distributor, though.
> Dan

Dan, the Mallory distributor(w/ vacuum advance) actually runs a bit more
than the MSD....*however* the MSD is not available with vacuum advance( a
good thing), has to be used with the 6 or 7 series ignition box(mallory is
compatible with everything from stock points to even the msd's box,
including of course Mallory's own cdi boxes), and the MSD has to use
differnt type sparkplug ends(HEI)....so overall i feel the Mallory is better
than the MSD, and i have run the MSD distributor and 6a box in the
past....left me sitting once....with the Mallory you could bypass an
ignition box that has suddenly flunked out....not so with the MSD....