Old March 30th 06, 06:56 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Even moe stupid cop tricks

"DTJ" > wrote in message
> The other day I was driving through a small city in Illinois, when I
> noticed a cop come out of a cross street through a red light. He
> turned in front of me to go the other way. Fortunately I know enough
> to recognize that if a cop is moving he is dangerous, so I avoided
> killing him.
>
> He then turned his lights on, swerved to his right, cut in front of a
> whole bunch of other cars, and came back my way. **** him if he
> thinks I am moving over, he will probably just hit me and blame me.
> So I simply allow him to cruise by on my right, cut me off, cut off
> someone as he gets back right, et cetera. He then stops at the next
> light in the left turn lane. Oh, he had turned off all signals
> immediately after turning around.
>
> He then guns it and cuts off everyone when the light turns green. He
> even almost hits the oncoming traffic who will eventually turn left
> across our lanes. Still no lights.
>
> As I watch ****tard drive away, I notice a vehicle in front of me
> swerve into my lane, almost hitting me, because ****tard asshole cop
> number two comes barreling out of another side street without lights,
> turns and skids across traffic again, almost hits oncoming traffic, as
> he is turning on his lights. I thought they were supposed to use them
> BEFORE endangering innocent people.
>
> He then turns his off and stops at the next red light. Mind you these
> lights are about half the distance apart that Chicago streets on the
> SOuth side are going East to West - IE. less than 1/16th of a mile.
>
> As that light is turning green, another idiot cop comes out from the
> right again almost hitting asshole cop number two as he blows through
> the intersection, both swerving right and left, one barely missing a
> parked car.
>
> Seriously, do these guys go to the Charlie Chaplin school of driving
> or what?
>
> Eventually we have about 5 squads stopped at the next light, waiting
> so they can cut off more traffic, everyone in front of them wondering
> which one they are going to pull a Rodney King on. I decided to take
> another route and ended up blowing down a 30MPH street at 50MPH or so
> knowing that there just aren't enough idiot cops around to actually
> see another one.
>
> On the radio today it became apparent what was up. A donut shop, no
> joke, had been in the process of being held up, and the "gunman" had
> actually hit somebody and presumably made him drop his tray of donuts.
> The victim wasn't even hospitalized. I guarantee had this been any
> other business, the typical response time of 15 minutes or more would
> have been the case.

Sounds like some good driving to me. They were able to get three units to a
felony in progress through traffic without hitting anything or anyone.
That's what I mean about police vehicles not being ordinary traffic and why
I always give them plenty of room to pass or turn anytime I see one.

--
---
jaybird