Old July 24th 05, 03:10 PM
Fijoy George

Default 91 Accord engine stall

Hi all,

I bought a used 1991 Honda Accord DX Coupe recently, and it has been giving
me problems. Sometimes the engine would stall while driving, and I have to
restart the car. This happens both at signals and on the highway. It also
sometimes would not start after parking somewhere.

I gather this is a common problem with Accords, and it is usually caused by
a faulty ignition system or fuel pump. Is there anything cheap that I can do
to narrow down the cause to just one component? This is my first car, I know
practically nothing about car repairing. Is it possible for me to do some
diagnosis by myself, perhaps by looking at some reference book?

Thanks
Fijoy