Old August 15th 06, 02:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Red Jeep

Default More ?'s...

Yup, that's the Borg-Warner 1339 QuadraTrac. It's not a bad case, really,
but there are better. I have one of these in my '79 CJ7 and it has been
good to me. Parts are still available, check the 4WD Hardware catalog. It
takes a special fluid, don't use anything else in it! The transmission in
front of it is a Turbo 400.

The low range WAS optional. If it is there, there should be a small lever
on the floor in front of the driver's seat to control it.

The vacuum control for locking the differential in the t-case is in the
glove box. It will be labelled "Emergency Drive"

On the CJ7 w/QuadraTrac, the rear pumpkin is offset (to the right, I
think). This makes swapping in a different t-case trickier. If this is
the case in the SJ, you'll need to find one with the correct drop or swap
axles too.

Rust is indeed a big issue with Jeeps of that era. I am convinced that my
CJ7's body was made out of compressed rust...

"Earle Horton" > wrote in
om: