Old June 5th 06, 04:54 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.driving,rec.arts.tv

Default Guy in Viper: Because I'm compensating for my "shortcomings"

in article 4484397f$1@kcnews01, C. E. White at
wrote on 6/5/06 7:00 AM:

> "slas" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> How dead-on accurate was THAT Volkswagen ad?
>>
>> Why else would anyone buy that wanna-be Ferrari rattletrap?

> I don't know, maybe because it cost half as much and goes really fast? Maybe
> a better question would be why would anyone buy that VW wince BMW
> rattletrap? Lowest Ego Emissions might be interpreted as "I am embarrassed
> to be seen in this over priced piece of junk."
>
> On a more serious note - I dislike those VW commercials. The message is
> unclear. Do VW owners not care about their vehicles? If the best thing you
> can say about your VW is that people with low self esteem or no ego's buy
> them, why should I be interested?

This goes back to those Denny's commercials with the senile sisters, which
started the whole "Hey, I'm stupid and useless and I use this product; if
you're stupid and useless you should too!" school of advertising.

The amazing thing is, it works.

Convinces me to avoid the product though.