Old May 21st 05, 01:51 PM
Vandervecken

Your warranty is valid as long as the car is serviced according to
Chevrolet's recommendations using products that meet their
specifications. Of course that's not to say a flaky dealer won't act
flaky anyhow. The salient point is that it's a manufacturer's warranty,
not the dealer's warranty. The dealer just executes warranty repairs on
behalf of, and under reimbursement by, the manufacturer. In this case he
is in effect an agent under contract to the manufacturer to service the
manufacturer's contractual obligation to you. Thus the dealer cannot
void the warranty since he is not the warrantor. (Although he may refuse
to honor it at the risk of arousing GM's ire.)

-- Vandervecken