Old May 20th 05, 07:57 PM
Joel Jacobs

The first time I ever saw Mobil One synthetic was when a US Air Force flight
line mechanic was topping off the oil in a DC-9 at an airbase in Japan -
that was in 1972. I figured if it was good enough to handle the demands and
heat of a Pratt & Whitney JT8D-9 turbofan it was good enough for use in
all four of my C4s. I suspect the same is true of dealing with the
"problems" of C5s and C6s....

Since my current C4 has 124,000 trouble free miles on it - and my last one
had 86K of the same - in Texas summers - I suspect Mobil One is just fine.

Joel Jacobs

'89
'91
'95