Old March 9th 05, 03:10 AM
BRH

Tiny Lund wrote:
> I can offer the order that worked for me after repeated tries. 1. Install
> NR2003 and subsequent patch from seirra update(1.201). 2. Install GTP in the
> NR2003 directory where nascar2003.exe is. To this point you have not started
> NR2003 nor have you performed the 3d config. Now find 3d config in your
> Nr2003 directory and run it. After that is done open the GTP icon on the
> desktop and create a player( this was my main problem. I created one in
> NR2003 and crashed when I tried to run GTP) From here it should run fine.
> Good Luck!
>

> <BRH> wrote in message ...
>
>>After following the advice of many here, I still can't get this mod
>>installed.
>>
>>I already have 2 separate installs of NR2003 on my system that work. To
>>play it safe, in order to install GTP, I decided to install a 3rd instance
>>of NR2003. Version 1.000(Out-of-box) loaded fine (although I did not
>>create a player profile at this point -- should I have?) --
>>meaning that I get the the opening Sierra video. I then applied Patch
>>1.201, and it now doesn't load at all -- I get immediately booted to the
>>desktop. I then tried applying the 1.201 Patch fix and I still get booted
>>to the desktop.
>>
>>Can anyone figure out what's wrong? I haven't even reached the point of
>>trying to install the mod, and I'm getting booted to the desktop. My
>>other two NR2003 installs on the same PC work fine.
>>
>>My system is AthlonXP2600; WinXP Pro (SP1); Radeon 9700 Pro; 1 Gig Ram.
>>
>>Any help with this would be appreciated.
>>
>>Thanks!

Thanks, Tiny. I don't know whether running 3DConfig first did the trick
or whether it was my correction my own stupidity. 8-)

After running 3DConfig per your instructions, I finally noticed the icon
for the mod that was created on the desktop. I was trying to run GTP by
using the desktop icon for the 3rd installation of NR2003 (not GTP's),
thinking that I would just need to switch to the GTP series on the main
screen of NR2003 (like the Trans-Am mod was structured). Doh!

So, if anyone else is having similar problems to me -- Look for the icon
for Redline GTP on your desktop! That's the one that you should be
launching.... LOL!

Thanks again!