Old July 24th 05, 03:21 PM
Dana Rohleder

Default 90 XJ Cruise Troubleshooting

Hi,

My cruise worked sporadically when I bought my 90 XJ I6 a couple months ago,
and after I got it back from the dealership that performed some other work
on the vehicle, it doesn't work at all. All fuses, connections, vacuum seems
good, but I suspect the switch or connector for the switch may have been
"left asunder" by the crack staff at my Jeep garage when they tore it apart
to change my key cylinder. I have the tilt column, and was wondering if
there is an easy way to check the function of the switch without ripping the
column apart.

If that isn't the problem, can anyone suggest an order that I should go
about replacing parts to troubleshoot? AllData says Jeep has a tester for
the cruise system, but I really don't want to take it back there because
they have proven to be incompetent. Is there a part in the cruise system
that tends to crap out first on the XJ's?

--
Dana
Port Kent, NY

2002 Saturn LW300