Old March 9th 05, 11:31 PM
Bob Shuman

If it is the solenoid contacts, the parts are $5 each (you need 2) plus 1
dollar shipping. If it is truly the starter, then visit the local auto
parts place (Napa, etc.) and compare prices on "rebuilt" units. Even if you
go to a third party service garage, knowing the retail price of the rebuilt
part will be helpful.

The starter itself takes about an hour to remove and replace. Add 30
minutes to clean and replace the contacts if you go that route.

Good luck.

Bob

PS I will do the job for you for a lot less if I live anywhere near you... I
would then just pocket the difference same as the dealer is going to do!

oups.com...