Old July 30th 04, 08:47 PM
C.R. Krieger

"Thundersmash" > wrote in message >...
> My '99 Audi A6 Quattro generates a significant amount of brake dust .. has
> anyone used products like Kleen Wheels:
>
> http://www.kleenwheels.com/
>
> to deal with this? I'm curious about opinions on whether this is safe and
> effective.

They're definitely effective. I got a pair on my 'newest' E28 BMW and
they work quite well. HOWEVER ...

They work by inhibiting airflow out of the wheel. While they're
vented, it's not enough to compensate in high speed braking or
repeated heavy braking such as you'd see in mountains, etc. I have
experienced fade from the OEM BMW pads in a few casual laps at Road
America and maybe one other time when I was driving 'briskly' on the
street. In normal ('sane') driving, though, I've had no problems with
them. I will be removing them for future track events.

IMO, a set of PBR (fka Axxis fka Repco) Metalmaster pads is a more
effective use of your funds. They cost nearly the same.
--
C.R. Krieger
(Been there; done that)