Old October 28th 04, 11:54 PM
N.Cass

Default '83 Ram Gauges moving around a lot

I have noticed here lately that the gauges (temp, oil, and fuel) are
sometimes reading higher than normal. I have seen them sometimes jump to
the high side of the gauge then come back down to normal. The usual
readings are Temp: 3 marks from "C", Oil: 2-3 marks from "H" while
cruising. But lately the temp has been 3 marks from "H" and Oil is
almost full scale (right). My first thought is something is wrong with
the motor, but I have seen them all come down at the same time at the
same rate, which leads me to believe there is something wrong with the
gauge cluster. The fuel gauge also jumps about 3 marks when the other 2
are moving.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where to start looking?

Thanks for your help!!!
--
Nick

<Remove number one if replying by electronic mail>