Old July 22nd 05, 05:42 AM
Michael White

Norman ) wrote on Thursday 21 July 2005 06:31 pm:

> After 23 years in the Arizona desert, the wife and I moved to the Pacific
> Northwest. We can now take the hard top off of our 82 CJ for the summer
> months.
>
> Would someone please give a recommendation for a storage box? We would
> like to lock up the winch control, registration/insurance paperwork, and
> tire
> changing gear while sporting a bikini top. (We bought a bikini top in
> 1994 and used it once for 2 weeks in AZ) We are long time Jeep owners, but
> very
> new to having the hard top off.
>
> Thanks,
> Norman

Norman,

You didn't mention what sort of CJ. If it's a Scrambler (CJ8), Home Depot
sells a truck toolbox that fits perfectly between the rollbars. You can
mount it between the rollbars with exhaust clamps. Just drill a couple of
holes on each side of the toolbox.

I think it'll only fit a Scrambler, though, as the back side of other CJs'
rollbars aren't mounted to the floor.
--
Michael White "To protect people from the effects of folly is to
fill the world with fools." -Herbert Spencer