Old May 10th 05, 01:01 AM
Dick

On Mon, 9 May 2005 17:11:47 -0400, "JEEPR" >
wrote:

>Well Dick
>
>As I said I have no intentions of flaming any one, I'm just talking from
>first hand experience. If sitting in an office as a director gives you
>first hand knowledge than good for you.
>Really can't top a trip to the moon Cliff yer I mean Dick.
>I only started the thread looking for some help, and you sure have offered
>up quite a bit so I want to say thanks for all your insight.
>I'll be starting a new thread on the electrical problem be looking for your
>comments.

Being a supervisor/manager/director is not all sitting in offices.
For example, when I set up a calibration laboratory in one of my
facilities which would be traceable to the then National Bureau of
Standards, I did it all. Determined the equipment required, helped
install it and trained the technicians. As a quality assurance
manager I wrote all the procedures for the q.a. manual. When problems
developed in customer's products for a commercial company, it was me
that went out into the field with equipment to do the repairs. I
didn't start out as a director. I worked my way up the hard way
getting my hands very dirty along the way. I did most of it with only
a high school education, which included becoming a rated, flying
officer in the Air Force. I didn't graduate from college until I was
41. It is also very difficult to be a good director of anything
unless you already know a lot about it.

I am only trying to help someone who has asked for help. I worked for
40 years before I retired, and I enjoy passing on what I have learned
along the way to others who may not have had the experience or
education that I have been exposed to in my career. I can't force
anyone to accept help.

Dick