Old October 7th 04, 05:57 PM
Dad

Default C6

Well that didn't go well, the dealer still has the C6. We were close on the
money but I wouldn't give and walked away. The salesman that was talking to
my girl friend before he found out it was ordered for me told her the C6
would blow away the C5. That just isn't so, and it is so close to my CE and
not as good in some areas that I can be just a little independent on the
price game. The new transparent top makes it sound cheap, the front license
plate holder is still a joke. It still requires you to drill 3 holes in the
top of the front bumper cover, yeah, right. The C6 ride is no where near as
smooth as my C5, (running non-runflats), and it has a funny harmonic in it
that neither the 1998 or the 2004 had, automatics versus a 6 speed. I'm not
even sure the HP of the C6 is as strong as the HP in the C5 and there is a
50 HP rating difference.

The things I like are the brakes, man do those things do the job, and the
Supercar tires. Since those can be added to the CE for the difference in
what I want to give him and what he wants it's an easy decision not to go
with the C6.

The dickering may not be over but I'm not moving much if any and I'm talking
with the owner, not a salesman. Just got an email from him and he dropped
another grand, still short of a deal I would accept.

--
Dad
04 C5 CE Z51