Old December 14th 04, 08:00 PM
Big Al

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> >Big Al wrote:

>> Went to the drags yesterday. There were two 04 Cobras there and I

> tried
>> to keep an eye on them. I was disappointed to see them stuck in the

> high
>> 13's. What are regular guys turning with stock Cobras? I'm sure the
>> magazines are getting good numbers. I talked to one of the guys and

> he
>> said he was getting bad wheel hop??

> Al,
>
> One question. What trap speeds were these Cobras turning?
>
> I ask because if they weren't turning traps of at least 108 mph, I say
> kick those grannies out of the driver's seat.
> Patrick

Patrick,

Here's something interesting. On one of my time runs there was a stok late
Corvette in the other lane. No idea if it was a 6 speed or automatic, but it
was not a Z06. Unless they are available with removable tops now. Here is
what he ran: (I put what my junker did on the right

Corvette My car
RT .321 .003
60' 2.090 1.727
330 5.738 4.931
1/8 8.633 7.664
MPH 84.92 89.95
1000 11.116 10.035
1/4 13.235 12.061
MPH 106.93 110.71

I beat him by over a second, and only 4 MPH. Look at the 1/8 ET & MPH,
almost the same split.

Al