Old July 12th 05, 03:06 PM
Jim Adney

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 09:41:08 +0300 Jan Andersson
> wrote:

>Brake Grease is sold in tubes that say "Brake Grease" on them, at least
>out here. It is safe to use on rubber parts. I bet you can figure out
>what it was designed for

The problem with this is that there are 2 different kinds of
applications for lubricants in brakes.

There a

Brake pplications that are in contact with rubber brake parts, and
there are brake applications which are metal to metal away from any
rubber.

Both are places where "brake grease" might be useful.

I was only commenting that I wouldn't be comfortable unless I got some
clue from the vendor about which application this particular grease
would be suitable for. In general, the same greases are NOT suitable
for both.

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA