Old August 27th 06, 10:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
duty-honor-country[_1_]

Default air conditioner compressor

WireSpool wrote:
> PLEASE HELP!!
> I need to charge my air conditioning system but the compressor is
> not running which is necessary for the charging process.
> I charged it once this spring and it worked very well. But I
> didn't put any dye in it to help find a leak, so of course it
> eventually leaked out and now needs more freon r134a. This time I was
> going to put the dye in but I'm stuck because the compressor is not
> running. I'm pretty sure it's cause the low pressure switch is not
> allowing it to run. In my Haynes book it says that this is not uncommon
> and is easily taken care of by unplugging the low pressure wire plug
> and jumping the wires and the compressor will run continuously allowing
> me to fill with freon. The ONLY trouble with this whole thing is that
> they don't show me where and what this plug looks like. The last thing
> I want to do is start crossing wires and short something out.
> If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.
> Thank You,
> Wirespool

most systems will NOT run the compressor unless there is at least one
can of freon in the system- the clutch will not engage. It's a safety
feature to protect the compressor- it will usually start running after
you put the first can in- it will click on itself.