Old December 22nd 04, 06:42 AM
Ted Mittelstaedt

"Daniel J. Stern" > wrote in message
n.umich.edu...
> On Tue, 21 Dec 2004, Michael Pardee wrote:
>
> > > Don't know about the Chevron but the Havoline, yeesh, what tar! And
> > > when I say tar, I mean experience from being inside engines that has
> > > had it's oil changed religiously every 3K miles and the owners have
> > > used Havoline exclusively since the vehicle was new.

> > FWIW, that is the message I get from my gear-head younger brother. He
> > tells me it leaves crusty carbon that just won't dissolve with anything
> > throughout engines.

> Latest inductee into the "bad oil of the year" club, eh? We've heard the
> same ghost stories about Pennzoil, Quaker State, and probably every other
> major brand at one time or another...

Completely immaterial Dan since every major oil brand discounts from time
to time. The Valvoline bigots can buy their Valvoline at discount if they
bother to read the advertising circulars. It doesen't take a lot of effort
buy as much oil as you need when it goes on sale, you just need to have
the space to store it.

Claming as these morons seem to be doing that their 'spechul' oil is so
all-faluting better that it never goes on sale, is a bunch of bullcrap.

Ted