Old December 18th 04, 02:59 PM
Jonathan Grobe

On 2004-12-17, frank-in-toronto > wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 00:24:02 +0000 (UTC), Jonathan Grobe
> wrote:
>
>>The transmission seems to slip when going in reverse in
>>my 1980 Chevrolet Caprice (OK going forward). Transmission
>>fluid is OK.
>>
>>Is there anything one can adjust--or does the transmission
>>have to be torn apart or replaced to fix? (I assume replacement
>>from the junk yard would be cheaper?)

> i wouldn't care about it. i have a 1987 caprice and i'm
> afraid it qualify as a "beater car". your's sounds
> like one too. unless you can backup on a little hill,
> let it go. stop backing up.

I talked to my mechanic and he said that slipping in
reverse in Chevrolets is an early warning signal that
the transmission is going bad (higher pressures in
reverse or something...) Anyone agree or disagree?
Is it going to start slipping in forward?

--
Jonathan Grobe Books
Browse our inventory of thousands of used books at: