Old June 16th 05, 04:29 PM
Arif Khokar

Furious George wrote:

> It's about damn-time. They should confiscate the speed-killer's cars.

I've always wondered why some people are obsessed with doling out
greater penalties for speeding. It's clear to me that they're envious
that the majority of us are more than capable of driving above the speed
limit every single day and don't experience problems. It's also obvious
that they're irritated by the fact that we get away with it as well.

Given those facts, it's really pointless to complain about speeders
because there's nothing you can do about them. Politicians aren't
interested in lowering speed limits and many are considering raising
them in the near future.

In the end, we speeders win, and those who complain can only resort to
posting opinions on newsgroups that are either ignored or derided.