Old June 8th 04, 11:01 AM
Tom Boltwood

> From: "Neil Waterworth" >
> Newsgroups: alt.autos.alfa-romeo
> Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 21:11:28 +0100
> Subject: 156 aerial
>

> "fmt" > wrote in message
> om...
>> I pick up my 156 (2001 Y reg saloon) in a few days, but am a little
>> intrigued as to the type of aerial fitted to the car.
>> Is it just the Sportswagon that has the aerial as part of the back
>> window, or is it the saloon as well.
>> Is the reception any good, or is it worth adding a roof aerial, and if
>> so how easy is this?
>> Thanks

> Sorry I overlooked your post before asking the same question above. As
> previously stated, MW - unlistenable, LW - non existent, FM - fine. Bit
> annoying as I only want to listen to (UK) Radio 5 MW and Radio 4 LW for Test
> Match Special.
>
> If you find a good solution, I'd be glad if you share. I'll do likewise if I
> find one.
>
> Regards,
> Neil

Well for TMS and the sounds of CMJ raiding the biscuit tin you could connect
to the net on your laptop and stream the audio over the internet if you
drove through enough wireless hotspots...

I'm personally thinking of buying a separate am aerial which can sit in the
car, because I think (on my 164 anyway) it's only an FM aerial, and the
aftermarket stereo I had to put in doesn't have its own AM aerial.