Old September 9th 06, 12:32 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Ed White[_1_]

Default They're MFFYs *Off* the Road, Too

Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> How do you get your car out of the drive-through? At the Post Orifices
> around here, the drive-through lane is only wide enough for one car
> (kinda like a fast-food drive-through) - if the car ahead of you
> doesn't get out of the way, and there are cars behind you, you're
> ****ed.

Well, two of the Post Offices I use have drive-up lanes and there is
plenty of room to pass. I guess we have more room in NC that you do.
Unfortunately, the Post Office closest to my house does not have a
drive up lane at all. And to make matters worse, the parking lot at the
building is tiny. If you go at any time but mid morning, the lot is
full. There is a satellite lot just down the street (40 yards max), but
the agressive types either park illegally or sit in the entrance
driveway waiting for someone to leave. What would you do? I am sure if
you used this parking lot you could come up with a good story about the
90 year old MFFY lady who took to long to get her car out of your
space, or the MFFY Mother who had the gaul to actually take time to
strap her child into a safety seat before moving her car out of your
space. As for me, I just park in the satellite lot.

> >In my opinion Scott was over the top on this one.

> What, exactly, is "over the top" about walking up to the slot and
> slipping my ONE envelope into the slot during a natural pause in the
> MFFY's rhythm? I didn't delay anyone - not even the MFFY - by doing
> so.

You are over the top because you made a big issue out of some girl
mailing letters. You are over the top because you dramatized it by
making it seem worse than it was by making it seem as if there was a
line behind the girl. In fact, there was no line other than you -
right? You are over the top because you spent a lot more time telling
us about it than just waiting for the lady to finish would have taken.
For heaven sakes, wating 30 sec could hardly have impacted you life. If
you had waited the thirty seconds, and not written the story, you would
be time ahead now.

> >He clearly didn't wait for her to drop in all 20 envelopes

> Oh, I see: I'm "over the top" because I'm not a JLEDI.

No, you are over the top becasue you seem to think that anyone who
inconveniences you in any little way is some sort of evil MFFY person.
I have no idea how old you are, but I suggest you have regular heart
check-ups. Anyone as Type A as you seem to be is bound to be at a great
risk for a heart attack.

Ed