Old June 24th 05, 12:31 AM
Steve

I've just encountered DW in the last couple weeks. Now I'm ever conscious
of my steering and any and all bumps I'm hitting. Of course everything
seems bigger than what I thought of it before the DW.

Both my "events" occured while going at a good clip down some rather bumpy
roads....then all of a sudden I could feel the oscillation start and then
both front wheels were just dancing to their own tunes and I had to slow
down to 20kph to get them settled!

Anyhow, my steering dampener seems to be leaky....but not sure if it's that
or the dirted oil the 'tards at Cantire spilled over my engine! Hosers!

Anyways, I'm looking in to see if this job is over my head or not. I've got
some half decent mechanical skills but haven't dealth with tie-rods or
bushings or such....
I've got my service manual....so some clues on what to do...just don't have
the tools (yet

looking forward to see what you find out!

oups.com...