Old March 29th 05, 06:48 PM
R. Mark Clayton

"Somebody" > wrote in message

snip

> The wheels were likely upgraded to get rid of the dreaded TRX tires.
> You're
> lucky it was done for you to save you the expense.

snip

> -Russ.

What's the problem about [Michelin] TRX's apart from the cost and lack of
alternatives (only Avon). At the time they out performed many other tyres
and were safer if punctured at high speed. I had them on three different
735i's and the did very well apart from one new one that got a screw in the
sidewall about a week after fitting.

My current 740i has a regular wheel size so a wide choice of what to fit,
and the tyres are about half the price.

BTW I live in Manchester England, where legendarily it rains a lot - so now
I have Uniroyal on the grounds that I am far more likely to
[unintentionally] find the limit in the wet than the dry.