Old March 10th 05, 03:06 AM
CobraJet

In article >, Joe

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jherring1/my_photos

> end

> lights
> >>
> >> Agreed. But I have to admit, it looks pretty good in yellow.

> > Yeah, yellow's a happenin' thing. Very similar to the 1970 D-code
> > Competition Yellow which my Torino GT is supposed to be.

> The one I'll never forget was the yellow '93 Mustang 5.0 LX
> convertible in the showroom where I bought my LX new. It was yellow
> with a black top & interior and chrome pony rims. I'd have bought it
> but couldn't swing the payments back then. Had to settle for my
> hatch.

I had a yellow '05 next to me on the street today. Man, that color
is bright. I'm fairly certain Ford hooked an alternator wire to the
body. Good thing I had my shades on.

> *will*

> road.
> >>
> >> They're magnetic.

> > Good reason. No wonder I get a headache in the Walmart parking

> lot,
> > what with the plate in my head.

> Good idea to stay away from magnets when you've got metal inside your
> head.

There are still some people that don't believe I was born that way.
Sheesh.

> > Still leaves a ghost, though. At least
> > you can move them around.

> Personally, I'd never put anything on the body of any of my vehicles
> that wasn't there in the first place. Except maybe wax or polish...

I try to practice that, too, but every so often a pedestrian winds
up as my hood ornament.

> > You see AMT's Corvair re-issue?

> No, got a link? Which model did they do? 1/24 scale? AMT was my
> favorite - much better than Revell.

This is the current re-issue:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...1&item=5961312
851&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

AMT moved to the Orient (big surprise) a few years ago, and since
then they have repopped a lot of stuff, but the boxes are devoid of
details about the kit contents. Kinda strange, considering most of the
tooling is original. These days, Revell appears ahead of the game.

Here's an original Yenko kit you need to have:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5&item=5961484
390&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

--
CobraJet