Old April 14th 06, 02:45 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.nissan

Default Altima hesistation off idle, revisited again!

"SteveB" <sbrads@nildramDOTcoDOTuk> wrote in message
> Is there a ridge of carbon in the throttle body around the closed
> butterfly position? If there is, it's like closing the throttle by
> rotating the butterfly a tad. A lot of play in the butterfly spindle can
> cause wierd symptoms as well.

There shouldn't be, I've cleaned it a few times since I got the car, but
I'll double check next time I'm playing with it. The car has a cold idle
cam that actually opens the throttle as the engine cools, and the symptom is
present when cold, so any carbon buildup likely wouldn't come into play in
that case. I will ensure there is no play in the spindle or mechanism
overall though.

Thanks for the reply.