Old July 19th 05, 05:15 PM
Steve B.

On 19 Jul 2005 04:30:47 -0700, "Comboverfish" >
wrote:

>That is a good plan if this car had an orifice tube. It has an
>expansion valve, however, which is next to the evaporator. There was
>no direct mention of system contamination. I see no reason to spend
>hours of time replacing or "checking" a part that doesn't need any
>attention. He said he flushed the system -- if done properly, even an
>expansion valve can be remotely cleaned by backflushing.
>
>Toyota MDT in MO

Thanx for pointing out that his car has an expansion valve.

The OP is replacing the compressor so there is at least a good chance
that there is trash in the system. I would replace the valve if I was
doing the job myself if only to preserve the warranty on the
replacement compressor. I also don't understand how you can do a
decent flush of the evap and lines with the expansion valve still in
place. How do you manage to get enougt fluid to back feed through the
expansion valve to flush it all out?

Steve B.