Old July 18th 05, 09:01 PM

As you suggested I returned the cans and bought regular R134a cans.

Yes I did replace the dryer, but I could not find the expansion device.
This is a 1990 Geo Metro. It does not use an orifice, and I can't find
anything else on the low pressure line. I am guessing that the
expansion valve must be inside the evaporator. The only way to get at
it would be to remove the evaporator, which I am not ready to do. I
measured the exact amount of ester oil, and poured some into the
compressor and some into the condensor. I sealed it up and ran a vacuum
pump for 2 hours. The vacuum stayed at 30"Hg for more than six hours
after the pump was turned off. I am about to recharge the system today.
I will let you know the outcome.