Old October 11th 04, 03:28 PM
Kirk Matheson

"sparks065" > wrote in message thlink.net>...
> "Rajsircar" > wrote in message
> > Does anyone have the details of the TSB regarding oil leaks for this 2.4L

> 4cyl.
> > Chrysler engine? My friends 1997 Plymouth Voyager with a 2.4L enhine with

> only
> > 42K miles has developed a serious oil leak. Leak seems to be from the cyl.

> head
> > area?

> The head gasket may well have blown.
> A typical symptom is an oil leak on the right rear of the head and block
> (facing the vehicle).
> In 1999 the head gasket was redesigned for both the 2.0 and 2.4 L engines
> but obviously
> your friend's 1997 predates that change.
>
> Doug

This is true. My 1998 Stratus developed a leak at 52,000 miles. Oil
began dripping from the left rear corner of the head. The replacement
MLS gasket fixed the problem. The MLS gasket began use in February or
March 1999. According to a Chrysler repair tech that I spoke with,
very few leak again once the MLS gasket is properly installed.

-Kirk Matheson