Old March 8th 05, 02:08 AM
Bill

Update: On the code 19, I finally found the culprit. The 6x ref. wire
(or something like that) coming from the coilless ignition system (CIS)
and going to the PCM was bad. I replaced the wire and the code went
away. Unfortunately, so did my tach. This is the part that doesn't make
sense to me. I hooked the original 6x ref. wire to the new wire at the
CIS, no code and the tach works. The original wire must be bad before
the tach signal wire breakout.

The code 26 is still a problem. I ordered a new Canister Purge Solinoid
today and will get it tomorrow. Seems like all this is taking forever,
but I only have short periods of time to work on it.

Thanks for all the free advise. Maybe the above will help someone else
sometime. BTW, the Hayes manual is wrong about the Tach wire and the
DIS.

Bill