Old August 7th 06, 10:43 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Alan Bernardo

Default CTDP F1 2005 Released for rFactor

"PlowBoy" > wrote in message
> Didn't you see his smiley?

I saw it, there at the end, but thought it was a general exclamation of joy.

> I heartedly laugh too, month of nothing, then "whuuuump" a whole bunch of
> new stuff to get used to... Hehehee. as Clark Griswald would say,

The flow of tracks and mods I think has been pretty steady, some of it good
some not so good. I've discarded the philosophy of "install everything" by
checking to see what others are saying before I make the move to install. I
really think it's a bad idea to release a track and then a day later to
release an update, like someone did with the default Silverstone track, just
to update the advertising. All that just creates more confusion and
mismatch.

> "Gee officer I just plain old forgot the dog was tied to the bumper..."
> as that is how I feel at the moment...
>
> with what, bundreds of new tracks, all I have time for are the ones I
> already "know" from GPL & Nascar road courses, hehehe... please UPS make
> my day, tomarrow... (new vid card should be here in the AM...

I'm also sticking to the basics. I totally enjoy the '79 F1 mod and the
latest CTDP F1 mod. There are a lot of "tin-top" mods that are just pretty
poor (not that I could do any better) and I'm laying back on those. Zonda
is nice, and I'll be looking forward to the Porsche update. But that's
about all-- maybe the Proton and McLaren mod, too... hehe... egad... my
folder is giggin'.

Drop into the Northeast USA server if you feel up to it. I'll be running
the CTDP or the '79 F1 mods mostly, at least for a while.

Alan