Old December 7th 04, 05:50 AM
Ray

Lawrence Glickman wrote:

>>And a shop manual is pretty much ESSENTIAL for ODB-II diagnostic
>>procedures.

> Well I have a PIM manual that came with my scanner, and OBDII
> diagnostic CD Roms, BUT, the translations of the codes are built Into
> the 9145, so after entering your car made, model, and year, you get
> the proper interpretation of the code right on the display of the
> 9145. No need for a manual to translate, although I have both the
> manual and the CD Roms.
>
> Lg

Uh, ok... but does it cover FIXING anything? My TA shop manual has
flowcharts for EACH OBD-II code. That section alone is like 500 pages.

And I forgot - I have used my laptop with the car - I bought an AutoTap
scantool. I will eventually take one of my old PC's and move it into
the garage...

And yes, I can browse/wander through a paper manual much better than a
computerized one - especially when you're looking for "something" that
doesn't fit nicely into any category. An example - the vacuum lines for
the wife's Beretta's A/C. Found the best description for it with the
wiring diagrams. Weird, but that's where they put it. Now, if the
manual was full-text searchable...

Ray