Old December 5th 04, 03:00 AM
Arif Khokar

Dave Head wrote:

> On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 17:45:30 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> > wrote:

>>How about you drive in the correct lane AND shake the duckling? The
>>two are not mutually exclusive (no matter how many trolls pretent they
>>are).

> Yes they are.
>
> If I speed up and get in front of him, that's _rude_,

What are you going on about. If he's a potential duckling going 2 mph
faster than you, and you accelerate to 5 mph faster than you were going
to get in front of him to pass (maintaining that speed until you return
to the right lane), then how is that rude?

> that's possibly
> ticketable as aggressive driving,

Not if you do it soon enough so that you're not actually cutting in
front of him.

> and it is damn sure ticketable as speeding.

So is your current speed.

> Remember, I'm 7 over already. If I add another 8,

You don't have to add another 8. Another 3 temporarily will do just
fine, especially if the differential relative to the car ahead of you
was already around 5 mph.