Old October 21st 04, 12:54 AM
James C. Reeves

"RPhillips47" > wrote in message
| "James C. Reeves" wrote:
|
| >The 300C is the wrong car for the wrong time. Gas will be at $4.00 to $5.00
| >gallon in a few short years with China (and other "emerging markets")
sucking

| >up oil at a 30%+ per year growth rate with supply channels already at full
| >production. So, most of them will be left parked in the driveway along with
| >the SUVs. Too expensive to drive and no one will want them (so no one will
| >buy
| >them off of you). They may be good...(yet to be seen), but part of being
| >good
| >is that it fits the times. I wouldn't touch one with a 10-foot pole...it
has

| >"loosing your shirt" written all over it!
|
| I guess that is why you are you and the rest of us are glad we aren't.

See you in retirement. Oh, wait, old 300C owners from decades back will be
retired and living in their car by then. (I know, that a little of a
overstatement...maybe) ;-)

However, I lived and drove through both the 70's oil crisis (73 and
79)...waited in 2-3+ hour gas lines, etc. many times. It reinforced the lesson
I already knew watching others. I even knew better back then (not being much
older than a kid at the time)...people with gas guzzlers lost a LOT of money.
They were basically stuck with BIG cars they could no longer afford to drive
and couldn't sell because no one else wanted them either. It's coming
again...the signs are there plain as day (no matter if Kerry or Bush are
elected). The news just today, inventories of distillates (gasoline, fuel oil,
diesel) are well below projected need for the winter with production capacity
still below consumption rates (so inventories will get even worse!) But, hey,
knock yourself out. The only part that actually makes me angry is that I may
have to wait in gas lines just because people buy these unnecessary fuel
wasting vehicles. But I am partly consoled to know that they will be in line
with me.